Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 118: How Do I Change The Way I Direct Stressful Events?



 Traumatic Events and Stresses

In the is blog series, I will be writing about Traumatic Events and Stress, how I reacted to these events, what my energy experience was, how I made myself feel in my Mind, how I changed as a result, and how I can change now to no longer accept and allow the past to determine who I am.

Additional Content:
Day 115: How Am I Currently Living With and Directing Stress? 
Day 116: How Do I React To Stressful Events?
Day 117: How Has Stress Changed Me?

 

When and as I see that I am reacting in panic or dread as a response to an event, experience, or problem that I did not anticipate and/or am required to change directions to address, I breath and stabilize myself until I am clear.  I see, realize, and understand that I am reacting to my fear of failing and/or making the wrong decision. I also understand that there are times when I may not be be able to direct an event, experience, and/or problem in a moment - in such cases, instead of reacting, I redirect myself to investigate the event, experience, and/problem, look at how others have approached similar, and get feedback from others as to the best way to proceed.




When and as I see that I am valuing my own experiences, memories, and/or perspectives above an others and within this, immediately dismissing feedback and suggestions that I did not consider, I stop.  I see, realize, and understand that to get this point of devaluing another that I have already put them through the process of my reactions, backchat, and judgements that is aligned to my Mind pattern.  Thus, instead of dismissing others feedback and suggestions, I breath, hear, discuss and try out the practical, common-sense solutions that emerge from this type of communication.


When and as I see that I am in-conflict with myself as indicated by me clenching my teeth and moving between two polarity points within my mind, I stop, breath, and slow myself until I am back here and aware of my physical body - when I am stable, I investigate my polarity points and conflict with writing and self-forgiveness.

When and as I see that I have caught myself in a 'picking a personality' polarity trap as indicated by myself moving between opposing personalities as a means to pick a personality that best suits me/from a point of self-interest/gets me the outcome that I want, I stop my participating in my polarity mind trap, breath until I am back to here and remind myself that I must choose/decide/direct myself, my mind, and my physical actions within and as the 1+1 equation of what will be the best outcome for all.

When and as I see that I am physically moving myself quickly from one task to another and not allowing myself to relax and enjoy moments in life, I STOP. I slow myself down and take a moment to 'sit it out'.  I see, realize, and understand that I am fleeing from a fear and a reaction that I had to that fear that made me physically uncomfortable and that I did not want to face. Additionally, I see that I am attempting to ignore the physical discomforts of my accumulated stress that I have not given myself time to sort out. So, instead of using the excuses of 'toughing it out', 'there's too much to do', and/or 'there's not enough time', I redirect myself to assist and support myself with breathing, investigating myself in times of mental stress and physical strain, writing myself out, and using the tool of self-forgiveness to sort out and understand myself.



When and as I see that I am giving up and surrendering myself to the thought/belief/idea that I there is nothing I can do to change my situation, I STOP.  I see, realize, and understand that change is made with the decisions I make in every moment that I am presented and opportunity to make a decision to change.  Within this, I see that 'surrendering' and 'giving up' is myself saying, "I don't want to change."


When and as I see that I am disregarding, 'brushing-off', and/or attempting to ignore the feedback/reflections/mirroring-back that I'm getting from my world as indicated by myself saying, "No one knows me, my life, and my body but me," - I stop because within this separation I see, realize, and understand that this is me as my Ego defending my self-definitions. Instead of separating myself from that which I have defined as 'Not Me', I observe my surroundings and the others in my surroundings and working bringing all the points that I'm seeing back to myself - and at this stage of my process, I give specific attention to those points that are triggering my, 'NOT ME!' response.

No comments:

Post a Comment