Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 146: Making It About Me





Part One of Self-Correction and Self-Commitment statements for Self-Forgiveness on Day 145: Hearing What I Want Hear
Day 145: Hearing What I Want To Hear
Day 145: Hearing What I Want To Hear

When and as I see that I am allowing myself to participate in thoughts about how what I am hearing must be about me, I stop and I breath.  I see, realize, and understand that I am participating with information that is being filtered through my mind and thus cannot be trusted - I am hearing only what I want to hear to keep myself distracted and disinformed.  Additionally, I see, realize and understand that this creates paranoia which is unnecessary.

I commit myself to when and as thoughts come up about how what I am hearing is about me, to allow myself to stop making everything about me and to instead, hear what is being said - actually listen to the message

I commit myself to practice no longer allowing myself to be distracted by my thoughts while hearing what another is saying via written or spoken communication by pushing myself to not take the thought-bait.  When and as I am in face-to-face or on the phone communication, I breath and allow myself to stay present.  When and as I am reading, listening-to, or watching something and I see that I am 'missing' parts and not hearing everything because I am participating with my thoughts, I stop and I go back to the beginning until I am able to hear and/or see all that's being communicated without drifting off into my thoughts.

When and as I see that I am allowing myself to participate with the thought, 'You're/I am not doing enough - you/I need to do more' and other thoughts where I tell myself what I am, who/what I need to be doing - I stop and I breath.  I see, realize, and understand that these are thoughts that I programmed into myself from somewhere in my past and I kept them because it has motivated me to get things done - one way or another - and has rewarded me with many successes in the system.  So, instead of allowing these thoughts to direct and change who/what I am, it would be best for me to investigate their origin and see if I can use them to get things done in a non-abusive, non-conflicting, and self-directed way.

I commit myself to work on no longer allowing myself to be directed by the random 'I'm not doing enough - I need to do more' thoughts and to instead get rid of the fears surrounding these thoughts with self-forgiveness and get down to really understanding them and if I can direct/utilize them in some way that is supportive.




No comments:

Post a Comment