Friday, January 1, 2021

Day 236: Looking In the Mirror

So.  You're a good looking person.  "Nice to the eyes", and all.  You've got charisma in spades and the world is yours for the taking.  What do you do?

You look in the mirror.

I look in the mirror.

And ask, "Am I okay with me?"

Despite whatever hypnotic state I have been with myself based on my physical features, the external feedback that supports my self-hypnosis and my ego conquests I may have attainted.  

Really.  That is the question. Can I live with myself? 

For me, the mirror has become dual purpose - one for having fun with how I look everyday and second, doing a self-check. The most important is my self-check - am I okay with me?

There have been SOOOO many times where I just shake my head in disbelief at what I have done and moved through the consequences of these decisions to the best of my ability.  OMG, the stories I could tell (but I likely won't).

All the while, though, I have my self-honesty and been in a constant state of adjustment. Learning to listen to myself and respond, to the best of my ability at the time.

What it comes down to ... every day. Is the question:  Am I satisfied with myself? Have I lived today with no regrets? If not, how can I make it so I have no regrets tomorrow?  Did I make the best of my time here?  If not, what is it that I can do the next time?

It's an intimate process.

No comments:

Post a Comment